August 4, 2011

Hello, AUGUST!

AUGUST has always been my favorite month. This maybe because it is my birth month. Also, without knowing why, a lot of things, good things I mean, are happening whenever this month is about to come.

Today, as August starts, I feel blessed as the whole Philippines celebrated Cory Aquino's death anniversary. Truly, it is a sad thing that she died but her death is something that must also be celebrated. Her death signifies the strength of a woman.

Tough as it may seem, Mrs. Aquino's fight against colon cancer was never considered a burden by her. No questions to God, no hatred and no sadness. She even didn't considered her illness as her greatest trial because according to her, "it only involves her."

"Everybody has to experience suffering," Cory said. I have this same belief as her that each of us must experience suffering in order for us to be strong and ready to face life. Also, we cannot appreciate success if it is the only thing that we know. Happiness cannot be appreciated if sadness and suffering aren't around.

Life is not easy. We all know that. There are rough roads to surpass and difficulties to overcome. Likewise, life has smooth roads where we can enjoy the ride. 

Life is a roller coaster ride. Sometimes we are sad, sometimes we are happy. There times for joy and times for sorrow. All we have to do is to understand that there is always a reason for everything that is happening in our life. We may not know it for now but surely, we will know it at the right time. 

Last 2 months have been a roller coaster ride for me. Time came when I really don't know where I wanted to be. But now, slowly, I am understanding why all those things happened. I may not know all the answers to my "why's" as of the moment, but at least I am given the chance to see the good sides of those things.

Being hurt, crying and sadness. All of these are part of living here on earth. Anyway, joy, laughing and happiness are also recipes of life so never feel that you are always down. Remember that in order to succeed in our journey, we have to experience everything.

August has always been my favorite month and I love to be happy in this month which I consider mine. I know, each day cannot be the way I want it to be but I will try hard to choose what can make me happy (even just for this month).


It's been a while since I updated this blog so let me end this post with this:

PLEASE BE GOOD TO ME BECAUSE I PROMISE TO BE A GOOD GIRL THIS MONTH. PLEASE MAKE ME FEEL HAPPY BECAUSE YOU'RE MY MONTH AND I LOVE YOU.


        xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment