February 3, 2012

What is success?

Last night, I was looking for a paper to write a message for a founding anniversary of a certain school in Antipolo (since my laptop is under repair) when I saw my mom's old notebook and saw these inspiring words that made me look up to her more.

It was written like this:

What is success?
  • To laugh often and love much
  • To win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children
  • To earn the approval of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends
  • To appreciate beauty
  • To find the best in others
  • To give one's self without the slightest of return
  • To have accomplished a task

I remembered how my mom rejected being in a higher position many times. I am always asking her why and she always answers that she doesn't want it because it will require her to spend more time at work. She always says that though we need money for survival, we need to be rich with those things that are more essential in life.


Success is indeed something we cannot hold and money can't buy. As the song Price Tag says, "It's not about the money, money, money." 

 And of course, you know you're successful if your heart feels happy and light  :)


         xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment