June 7, 2012

Let's give it back

"I want to be a doctor so that I can help my parents when they are sick."
"I want to be a pilot so that I can tour my mother and father around the world."
"I want to be a teacher because I want to teach my siblings to help my mother."

These were our words during our chilhood. I remember saying that I want to be a teacher so that I will be the one to teach my brother on his studies so that I can help my parents.

Today, I may not be a teacher like what I want to be but the deeper thought of helping my parents is what I am trying to fulfill. It was my conversation with my friends last night that made me realize more how I must give back to my parents.

I am now done with my studies. I am currently working and earning. And this is all because of my parents who brought me up well, especially to my mom who worked hard for me to finish my studies. I am one lucky child because of my parents and this is why I have to prove to them that they are also lucky because of me.

I owe everything to them; my life down to what I have accomplished. Now that I have all the chance to help them, I promise to myself that I will do the best that I can to give back what they have given to me.

One day, I will have my own family. I know that my mom will love to see me doing what she did for me and my brother. But before having my own family, I will spend the rest of the coming years with them and do the responsibilities of being a daughter. I may not be a perfect one, may commit some flaws at time, but I will do my best to fulfill this promise of mine.

What is 4 to 6 years of helping our parents after our studies? I don't think it's too much since our parents spent their whole life for us, right? We may not be able to give everything thay they have given us but let's give our best shot to repay them. 


Let us give back what they deserve: 
LOVE, CARE and EVERYTHING THEY NEED.

      xoxo

2 comments: