July 2, 2012

Meet Yani :)

Okay. I am writing this despite the busy-ness that I am into right now. Haha!

I just want you to meet Yani, a child I met last week who is worth knowing and made me appreciate life more (the reason why I want to share her story to you).


She is Loureanna Marie R. Sadiwa but she wants me to call her YANI. She is a 4-year old girl that I met last Wednesday when she came in our office with her mother to request for financial assistance.

Seeing her wearing mask gave me the idea that she's sick and I am right. She is suffering from Acute Lymphoblastic Anemia or simply Anemia. The good thing is, it is an early stage of Anemia that's why continuous Chemotherapy can still sure it (hopefully).

Another good thing: Yani doesn't looks like she is suffering from an illness. She is very cheerful and brave. Though she doesn't know the serious part of what she is undergoing right now, she feels positive obout her situation.

OUR CONVERSATION
NOTE: Yani seriously speaks english (nosebleed talaga ako ng bongga. haha!)

ME: What's your name (ayan kasi, sinimulan ko. haha!)
YANI: Yani. But I'll write my fullname. (she then wrote her name as I gave her pen and paper) .
This is what she wrote

ME: You're really good and don't look sick. Are you really sick?
YANI: Yes, the doctor puts needle on my hand and everytime the doctor do that, I'll cry. But last       time, the doctor put another needle on my hand and I didn't cried, I just said "Ouch." 
ME: Wow, you're so brave. I wanna be like you. I'm afraid of needle and doctors. You're braver than I am.
YANI:Yes, I am brave and I will not cry because I want to go back to school.
ME: I know that you can come back to school soon because you're so brave. Do not cry anymore, okay? I know that Yani will be braver and braver as she grows up.
YANI: Yes, I will not cry anymore. I will only say 'ouch' to the doctor.
ME: Okay. Visit me again when you're not sick, okay? I'll wait for you.
YANI: Okay. 

Yani is truly an inspiration to anyone. While talking to her and looking at her face, I told myself that I am truly blessed that I don't have to fight for life as much as Yani does. More than that, she made me realize that I really don't have any little right complain about my life.

According to her mother, Yani is really brave. From all those children who undergo chemotherapy, doctors said that she is the bravest and strongest of all. Her hairs fall at times but she never became bald. In fact, her hair is as strong as she is. Maybe, it is God's reward to her for being brave.

I know that Yani is still young to think about complaining or regretting the life she has right now. Nevertheless, I am still inspired by her because of the thought that in her young age, she knows the essence of bravery and still manages to smile inspite of her condition.

Dear Yani,
I may not be able to see you again. You may also not be able to remember my name but what you taught me will forever be my guide in dealing with hardships and trials in my life. I know that you will survive and you will completely be healed by our Father in heaven. Thankyou for proving that HAPPINESS IS OUR CHOICE. Thankyou, little sweetie! :)



       From your ate who learned a lot from you,

No comments:

Post a Comment