November 5, 2010

3 Thoughts for Personality Growth

While waiting in a mall yesterday, 4 girl students sat near me. They were high school students (because they’re wearing their school uniform) aging from 14 to 16 years old. Everything seems normal, they were eating just like me until I heard them talking and I felt sad.

Those girls were talking about how they are lying with their parents. What’s more sad is when I heard one of them telling her friends proudly how she lied to her dad during her mom’s birthday and said that they have a project to do when in fact, she is just going to drink alcohol with her friends. I felt more surprised when her friends said “ang galing mo” and laugh after she has finished telling the story.

Isn’t it has to be the other way around? Am I wrong if I am thinking that her friends must tell her that what she did is a wrong thing? Isn’t it the friends’ responsibility to remind her not to lie to her parents thinking that she choose drinking alcohol than to spend that special day with her family? Is this how the youth really think now? SAD. There are three points of view that made me do this blog post.

FIRST. Lying is not good as we all know. I will be a hypocrite if I will say that I never lied in my entire life but what I can be proud of is that those lie were not that big and I am trying to avoid it as much as I can now. Though it is a hard thing not to commit a lie, we must do our best to avoid it. Also, we all know what is right and what is wrong so we better choose what’s right.

SECOND. As a friend, when our friend tells something that we think is not right, we are responsible in telling them the right thing to do. It may hurt them but it will let them realize that what they did is wrong. Being a friend is not just being with them every time your friend needs you but also being there to help them grow and understand life more.

THIRD. Most of the times, friends are the ones that we are with whenever there are parties and celebrations and that is good. But let us also remember that when one of our family members are celebrating his/her special day, let us do our best to be there. Our family is the only thing that is permanent in this world. Our friends and other people may leave us but our family will remain our family until the end.

These three thoughts I think are very important especially in our personality growth. Years will be added in our life. Isn’t it great that as a year adds up in our age, growing also adds up in our personality? Reality check, we are not forever young and we will never be. Let us not waste each year that God has blessed us. Let us choose to do what’s right for doing what’s right will help us live a better life.

2 comments:

  1. Pagalingan pa sila sa pagsisinungaling hehehe. Ayos yun ah. Later on, marerealize nila lahat ng mga ginawa nila sa magulang nila. Kapg magulang na rin sila. Anyway, mayaman ba sila? O common people?

    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. common lang. oo nga eh! pero sana habang maaga, marealize na nila yun. nakakalungkot lang kapag ikaw mismo ang nakarinig, talagang mababahala ka sa takbo ng pag iisip ng mga kabataan ngayon.

    anyway, many thanks for reading this jaime! very much appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete