October 12, 2010

The NYM Officers’ Oath Taking Ceremony

SEPTEMBER 18, 2010

It is always nice to serve the community.

I was just an appointed Assistant Secretary in this group of youth leaders who have the vision of helping in the community where we stay. Let me give you a brief background about this group.

Nilo Youth Movement (NYM San Isidro Chapter is where we belong) is a group of youth leaders from Antipolo City. There are chosen officers and members in each place in the barangay to prepare different activities and programs that can help improve their community. Some of those programs include feeding for children, different sports activities and some contests to raise funds for different projects for the community.

I am glad to be part of this group. Aside from gaining more friends, I am given the chance to serve our community in my little ways despite my busy schedule.

And this night’s the oath taking of the newly-elected officers (and I’m one of those who will promise to serve as much as I can).


The oath-taking proper


Me and Christel (over-all treasurer) after the oath-taking



Other members and officers

I am looking forward for more projects with these people.

“The body has to be utilized for service to others. More bliss can be got from serving others than from merely serving oneself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment