January 11, 2011

A Proposal

"Susubukan kong gumawa ng isang mabuting bagay kahit sa isang tao lang araw-araw."

I heard these words while i'm about to sleep few days ago. After hearing those words, I told myself that I will share it with others. And now I'm here, writing and proposing something.

Trying to do something good to one person everyday sounds simple but doing this requires a lot of effort. "Doing something good" means doing something with sincerity.

Not all people can do that but everyone can try. Sabi ko nga sa sarili ko, okay yun. I'll try to do that. That's a good exercise for me to learn how to interact with people more sincerely.

Now here's my proposal:


Try doing what is written above. Do any good thing to anyone each day, just one. If you'll do it, you'll have 365 good deeds  a year (and that's a good passes to heaven. haha!). Do it not because it is stated here but because you want to do it. That good deed doesn't have to be a big one but a sincere one instead. 


I don't think it will take your whole day to do that. In fact, you can do it in just few seconds or minutes and sometimes, you can't even notice that you're doing something good. You'll just realize it at the end of the day. When the day ends, think about what you've done and ask yourself if it made you feel better. If yes, then do it everyday. If not, then try again. Trying can't harm you, right? A quote once stated that “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” So, just try.

I'll also share these quotes that is in line with my proposal (of course, I must also present my back-ups. kumbaga sa thesis, Review of Related Literature ito. haha!)

"If you can’t feed a hundred people, then just feed one." 
-MOTHER THERESA

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth." 
-MOHAMMAD ALI

"Set your heart on doing good. Do it over and over again, and you will be filled with joy." 
-BUDDHA
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." 
-ALBERT EINSTEIN

"Consciously or unconsciously, every one of us does render some service or other. If we cultivate the habit of doing this service deliberately, our desire for service will steadily grow stronger, and will make, not only for our own happiness, but that of the world at large." 
-MAHATMA GANDHI

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." 
-ABRAHAN LINCOLN

"A person’s true wealth is the good he or she does in the world." 
-MOHAMMED
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." 
-AESOP

Still thinking twice? Read it again. Take it or leave it. But I'll advice you to take it for it will not harm even a single fingertip of yours.

Take my proposal as your challenge in life. Anyway, it is only you who will know if you're doing this. We don't have to shout to the world and say "hey, i did something for him/her!" There are always two who are watching what we are doing: The One above and ourself. we can't lie to any of them. :)

      xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment