April 28, 2011

Save your pictures in friendster before it's too late

I've heard the news yesterday and the other day that the social networking Friendster will be upgrading their system. YES, they will just upgrade and NOT shut down because it is not that profitable unlike before (obviously, almost everyone is using Facebook now). 

Here's what Friendster says:

We are introducing a new and improved Friendster site in the coming weeks. As part of this change, we will remove a number of social networking functions in Friendster. This includes your existing account profile, photos, messages, blogs, and shoutouts. However, your list of friends will be preserved, along with your basic profile information.

We understand that your photos, blogs and other private data may be important to you. An application is available in the "Apps" section of the site, until May 31st 2011, to help you download or export them securely to third party sites, such as Flickr or Multiply. The application is available here.

If you do not wish to keep any of these information, you do not need to do anything. Your Friendster account will not be deleted. Your Friendster Wallet, along with the coins and chips in it, will remain unchanged in the new site as long as you use your existing login details.

For more information on the Exporter app, please visit the Friendster Help page.

Thank you for using Friendster, we look forward taking you to a brand new Friendster experience very soon!

I was first shocked upon hearing the news because my old pictures are all there and I don't have the soft copies of those since my laptop is not working anymore. Of course, like many people, I would love to have copies of my photos there. So I decided to save some of those one by one last night and unluckily, I failed to finish saving all the pictures there.

Just this morning, ate April, one of my officemates, taught me how to save my photos from friendster easier. Here's how:
  1. Open your friedster account on Firefox.
  2. Open each album and wait until all the photos are loaded (open each photo, not the thumbnail size).
  3. From the tools at the top of the screen, click page info, then media
  4. There, you will see the file name of the photos loaded from your friendster album. Highlight those file names and then click save as.
  5. Save it in any location that you want and that's it! You can now upload in on your other social networking sites.
Easy, right? Many thanks to Ate April who taught me how to do this! Do it as soon as you can. You have until May 31, 2011 to save your photos and other files from friendster before they upgrade or finally say goodbye.


Hope this could help you. For questions, feel free to post your comment.


       xoxo

10 comments:

  1. yun din ang naalala ko mga pics at chempre ung mga testimonials! HAHAHA..wala akong firefox eh, pede nman sa multiply d ba?!anyway thanks nica :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! waley kasi yung multiply ko nun eh! di maciado updated. friendster talaga ko before. haha! download ka ng firefox pag need mo. you're welcome, mhe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS NICA, ANG GALING!!! -RJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello ate can i still get my pictures pbah? :(((( need ko mkuha huhuhuhu sana my chance pah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello ate can i still get my pictures pbah? :(((( need ko mkuha huhuhuhu sana my chance pah!
    matutulungan niyo po ba ako ? :(((

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg ate ngayon ko lang nalaman ito! i was going to get my old photos to post on facebook but i was too late! huhuhuhuhuhu., my precious photos of our holiday in Paris and Rome and Florida and New York are completely gone!!! :(( f**k FRIENDSTER!

    ate is there any chance that i can get it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. :'( kakainis! ngayun ko lang din nalaman toh... bwiset na friendster yan!!! kakainis grrrrrrr..!!! naiinis tlaga ako!!!! ung mga pictures ko on our trip to singapore, nawala na!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry, friends. been too busy. sisn't had the chance to read your comments. kaso even if i did, it's already late. the time i posted it, a month after yata, nagbago na yung friendster. anyway, memories will stay in your mind forever naman. next time, mag back-up tayo ng pictures. many thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. guys, i can't open my photos anymore on the new version of friendster. My photos there are important to me because it's where i upLoaded my dads pictures during his wake. please help me recover them. It's the only memory i have of my father from the day he died..Thanks a lot. I reaLLy appreciate any heLp you couLd share.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww. sorry to hear that but i guess it is impossible to retrieve those photos because friendster has a new format now. they also gave their users the deadline to save those pictures. sorry. anyway, i'll try to research on that and will post it if it is still possible.

    ReplyDelete