April 14, 2011

Farewell, Gerdie

It was last week, April 3, 2011, when a former classmate of mine, Gerdie, died. We went to his wake last Friday and there, we've found out how he suffered before he died. :(

According to her sister who told us the whole story, he first suffered stomach ache so they decided to bring him to the hospital (Quezon City Medical Center). There, the doctor have him had the ultrasound and as they got the result, they said that he has gall stones. The family didn't worry because they said that it can be cured through medicines. But the pain is still there and so he had undergone endoscopy. The procedure made him suffer more and he cannot eat nor drink. That worsen the situation because he has to take medicines but he cannot eat. He also underwent a lot of x-rays and ultrasounds but the doctors said nothing about his situation. His body parts were swollen. The saddest part of the story was when he told his mother that he wants to die because he doesn't want to suffer and despite his swollen arms, he hugged his family, thanked them and told them he loved them he love them. After that, he became out of his mind. He doesn't know who his family was and he hurts himself (maybe because of that thought that he really doesn't want to live) and slowly, he died.

Death is not sad but I can't help but b sad with this kind of death. I want to blame the doctors for saying nothing to Gerdie's condition. They had his body be exposed to radiation and do nothing as he was almost dying. And after all the suffering, it was only "peptic ulcer" that was indicated as the cause of his death (according to his death certificate). How cruel, right? As we asked his sister if there was a medical abstract that was given to them, she said that the doctor doesn't want to give them any because according to that doctor, it was not that important as long as they have the death certificate. Upon hearing that, we really thought that there was a foul play that happened. Any doctor will give the medical abstract as soon as the family requested for it. They have all the right to know what really happened to their family members.

It was sad to know that the family just have to be quiet and calm  despite of all the things that happened because they were all tired and just want to bring Gerdie to his last destination (which happened last April  12) on earth peacefully. What's sadder is that, Gerdie's brother just died last December 2010. The family has not yet recovered but they have to face another death of a family member with all strength. My prayers are all with them. 

To QCMC and the doctors who attended Gerdie, I don't know what really happened and I don't have the right to blame you but if you're the one responsible for his death, only God knows. He will give you the punishment that you deserve. I hope that case like this will not happen again because of your negligence. Life is a gift from God and you, doctors, must be responsible enough to take care of those lives. If you can't, better resign and have another profession that will suit you!

To Gerdie's family, again, my prayers are always with you. Be strong. Death is people's gateway to heaven. Maybe Gerdie suffered here but in heaven, there will be no suffering. Let us all be glad that he will now have a life with God where there is no suffering, only happiness. I know it is not easy  because you love him a lot but his death is not just "death." There's a reason why it happened. We may not know it for now but surely, we will discover it as we go on with our lives. God is always there, He will always guide us. And Gerdie will guide you, too.

To Gerdie, I don't know if there is a chance for you to read this blog post but if so, let me say thank you for those sweet smiles and laughter that we, your friends, will remember until the end of our lives. May you rest in peace. Now that you are with our Lord, please do guide your family, they need all the strength to face life without you. I am happy that though you have suffered on earth, you are now living in a place where there is peace. We may not be so close but your memories will stay in my heart, in our hearts.


Farewell, Gerdie!
'til we meet again! (but not to soon, okay?)


       xoxo 


P.S.
And when I die, let my coffin be white or light blue. Let me wear a light blue dress and simple make-up. I want to have my photos in a gallery and an AVP of my memories that is continuously playing next to my coffin. I also want a continuous playing of songs and some singing sessions from my friends and loved ones on my wake. I want everyone to treat me as if I am just sleeping. I don't want to be cremated..And as you send me on my tomb, I want everyone to wear blue also. I want a simple program where people who wants to say goodbye to me express their feelings through words and for those who want to keep their message between the two of us, let there be blue balloons with brief notes from them fly in the sky to send their message for me. I know I can't stop you from crying but I want everyone to be happy for me for I will be with our Father where I will live eternally, happily and peacefully. :)

Whoever has the chance to read this, please take note of this and let my family know about this if I'll die. Of course, I don't want it to be soon but if it's God's will, I must obey. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. bout sa "wake request" mo, matagal ko nang alam yan diba?? bilin mo sa akin yan? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! mabuti nang marami ang nakakaalam, ana. baka sakaling di ka available nun, at least, maraming substitute. many thanks for remembering! loveyah! :)

    ReplyDelete